Monday 13 September 2010

September Sea

I haven't been abroad for two years, but this hasn't dampened my spirits...well not quite. I often forget how wonderful the U.K is. Just a few hours from Cardiff I found myself at Oxwich Bay. It had been raining all week but luckily the sky was kind and the weekend proved to be bright with sunshine and crisp with wind. On such a glorious weekend I was surprised to find the beach empty and bare. As I walked into the cool sea, there was hardly anyone around to hear my shrill voice as I entered the rough water. The waves tossing my limp body as I floated as best I could when the power of Neptune's force was hurtling itself at my back. Lovely. In the space of 24 hours I entered the sea three times on the Gower coast. Each time was like a separate holiday in itself. How wonderful the sea is. I'm always amazed at how great I feel after jumping in it. I still get the sense that I can do anything by just standing and looking into the empty unknown of the glistening blue that lies before me.

I'll stop gushing now. It was truly a great Gower weekend. Pasta on the camping stove with a small bottle of champagne, the waves crashing and singing the evensong.

Da Iawm

No comments:

Post a Comment