Monday 3 January 2011

January Rant

January 2011. It seemed like only a few moments ago I was beginning 2010-but hey ho, time flies when you are having fun?

So what does 2011 bring? V.A.T increase, train fare increase, temperature decrease, holiday increase, age increase and budget decrease. A mixed bunch really. The January sales offer nothing new, although I did pick up a bargain £3 dress from Next so I can’t complain! The train fare increase is just ridiculous. I can’t believe how much some of the fares are going up by. I wouldn’t mind if the trains were actually on time, fast and nice but they aren’t! Luckily I’ve recently brought a few train tickets so I would miss the train fare increase and thank goodness I did. This is my last year of having the delightful young persons rail card, I don’t think I’m quite ready for full price travel yet.

According to the ‘young persons’ rail card I cease to be young this year as I hit 26. I didn’t think it was that old until I told my sister I didn’t want kids until I was 35 to which she said “oh you’ll be a geriatric mum then”. Great. So technically 26 is middle aged and at 35 I’ll be loosing my mind and dribbling. A brilliant thought and start to 2011. Hurrah.

One thing I can look forward to is a well-earned break as America calls in a few months time. It will be good to go back to the old U S of A and spend dollars that I don’t have.

I don’t usually set myself New Years Resolutions as I don’t keep them, so don’t see the point. I just try and set goals that I can achieve. One of which is to be able to wear my £3 dress this time next year!


Happy New Year one and all. See you anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment